The long-awaited Apple iOS 13.5 update has been released and this upgrade brings many improvements to iPhone models. This update is compatible with many iPhone models. It includes iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, etc, and the company’s new iPhone SE 2.
If you’re using iPhone iOS 13.4.1 right now, you’ll see a large download when you go to install iOS 13.5. The iOS 13.5 update could be a 355 MB download for the iPhone X and 420 MB for iPhone 11 users. The exact size will vary in different models.
An older version of iOS 13 is of larger download size because your iOS 13.5 update includes the changes from iOS updates you skipped.
The iOS 13.5 version also has COVID-19 contact tracing app and FaceID which can now easily unlock the user’s device even if they are wearing masks.
iOS 13.5 Update
Face ID and Passcode
- Simplified unlock process for devices with Face ID when you are wearing a face mask.
- Passcode field automatically presented after swiping up from the bottom of the Lock screen when you are wearing a face mask.
- It also works when authenticating with the App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes, and other apps that support signing in with Face ID.
- Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracing apps from public health authorities.
- Option to regulate automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks.
- Option to automatically share health and other essential information from your Medical ID with emergency services when you place an emergency call (US only).
- Fixes an issue where users may see a black screen when trying to play streaming video from some websites.
- Addresses a problem within the share sheet where suggestions and actions may not load.
5 Reasons to install iOS 13.5 Update
1. Better Security
You can install iOS 13.5 update for better security because this new update also brings new security patches with it. This update includes 21 new security patches that will help protect your device from damage.
2. Bug Fix
If your device has any performance or bug issues, then you must install this update. This new update comes with a couple of known bug fixes. There is also a fix for an issue where a black screen occurs when trying to play streaming videos from some websites.
3. COVID-19 Support
Another reason to install this update is that it comes with upgrades which could be useful during the COVID-19 pandemic. For instance, this update includes a small tweak to Face ID where you can unlock your smartphone even if you’re wearing a mask.
4. iCloud Folder Sharing
This update lets users share iCloud Drive folders with other people. The users can see real-time updates so that changes will sync across people who have access to a specific folder. One can also give permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files.
5. Improvements in Mail App
There have been some notable changes to the Mail application in iOS 13.5. The new design moves the reply icon away from the delete icon, which makes it hard to accidentally delete an email.