Over the years, there are millions of users of the Windows Operating System because it is very easy than other operating systems.
This sounds good, but it comes with some issues that a user faces when he or she operates it.
KMODE Exception Not Handled Error is one of them.
So let’s discuss further about this.
What is Kmode Exception Not Handled Error?
It is a Blue Screen of Death Error that sometimes happens in windows.
It triggers by a faulty driver which causes the system to restart.
What Causes Kmode Exception Not Handled Error?
Following are the errors due to which Kmode Exception Not Handled Error occurs:
- Obselete driver software in use
- Outdated firmware in use
- Too less memory sapce available
Once the user figures out the problem it is easy to fix it.
kmode exception handle error is relatively easy to handle in windows 10.
How to fix Kmode Exception Not Handled
Following are the methods in which we can fix kmode exception not handled
- Uninstall the driver displayed in the error message.
- Free up memory space on your computer.
- Update the drivers to the latest version.
- Open the computer in the safe mode to check for errors.
So,lets discuss these uplisted methods step by step.
Uninstall the driver displayed in the error message
Generally when the error message appears on the screen,it appears with the name of the driver due to which the error occurs in the computer system.
To fix this, you just need to uninstall the particular driver and re-install the latest version of the driver.
Following are the steps through which you can implement the whole process:
- Press the WINDOW KEY+X
it will open the drop down list.
- Then choose the DEVICE MANAGER from the list.
- Once it’s done select the driver (with the error messsage) and click
- After the uninstallation is complete download the latest version of the driver.
- Install the driver on your computer.
- Restart your computer.
After foolowing the above mentioned steps the error will be solved.
If not, then the drivers are working fine.
There is some other factor that is causing this error.
Free up memory space on your computer
After excessive use of the system, the system starts to store or accumulate various files,folders etc.
These items takes up lot of space in the disk which might lead to Kmode Exception Not Handled Error.
Free up disk space can help you in resolving this error.
So, following are the steps to free up disk sapce
- Choose START→CONTROL PANEL→SYSTEM AND SECURITY.
- Click FREE UP DISK SPACE in the administrative tools.
- Form the drop down list choose the drive you want clean and click ok.
- Select ADDITIONAL FILES in the list to delete by clicking next to them.
- Click OK (selected files are deleted).
- Click the CLOSE button.
Update the drivers to the latest versions.
One of the problem that occurs is when the drivers are not updated regularly. Updating drivers perodically lower down the risk of errors especially Kmode Exception Not Handled.
Following are the steps to manually update the drivers:
- Open DEVICE MANAGER.
- Click on the UPDATE DRIVER.
- Now either choose SEARCH AUTOMATICALLY FOR UPDATED DRIVER SOFTWARE or browse MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE.
- Wait for the drivers to update.
- Restart the system.
Open the computer in the safe mode to check for errors.
Safe mode is the best option to know the root cause of the issues.
The reason behind this is very simple as the computer uses minimum resources while being in the safe mode.
So, here are the steps to boot the computer in safe mode.
- Start the system and press any key.
- Then select REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER.
- Choose TROUBLESHOOT.
- Then click on ADVANCE OPTIONS.
- Select STARTUP SETTINGS.
- Click on RESTART.
- At last, press F4,F5 and F6 (corresponds the boot menu).
There are many other ways to resolve the Kmode exception not handled error but the above mentioned methods proves to be the best.
So, if the problems are not solved even after implementing these methods you should contact the developer.
You may also like: